Tuesday 22 July 2014

Trifles of life....

Written on 30 July 2011
Of late, I try to find happiness in things that are trivial to most people, the lesser joys of life... I like to laugh out loud just after waking up, thinking of the funny dream I had the night before…  I love the joy that I experience when I hear a song that touches my soul n I can’t stop myself from listening to it, even while taking a shower… I like to smile to myself while in kitchen thinking of having a ‘gulab jamun’ just after breakfast… I love the way my heart yearns to hear my baby cousin’s voice over the phone, from thousands of miles away… I get ecstatic while playing Xbox and I kick Superman’s ass... I relish the fact that I am able to squeal with laughter while watching a hilarious video that my friend posted on FB, and my eyes fill up… I adore the satisfaction I attain when I go ballistic while some random guy overtakes my car rashly, and I race him till I give him a dose of his own medicine... I feel genuinely touched when I cook dinner and my friends lick the vessel to the very bottom... I jump with joy when I check out India’s score and they are on their way to victory… n I feel at peace when I slump down on a couch reading a book of my choice while listening to the pitter patter of raindrops kissing my window sill … I literally revel in such trifling joys that every day throws my way... for, the greater pleasures of life do not seem to be part of my life’s dictionary; they never were… Some stories are poignant… They have only melancholic chapters… the protagonist knows not what true happiness is… But then again a question arises… how do you define true happiness… When you are truly happy, who knows, may be your perception about happiness might take a leap and transgress uncharted territories…

No comments:

Post a Comment